We dig it when the earth is renewed and nurtured. We dig it when it’s respected.
Sustainability is at our core.
The products we carry reflect that, but we also look to go eco-friendly wherever and whenever we can. We’re always looking to reduce our carbon footprint while upping our positive environmental impact too.
Some interesting facts about us & The Marketplace.
- We’re Alameda’s Only Certified Green Grocery Store
- We Produce the least amount of waste of any grocer in Alameda
- We are the number one producer of organic waste in Alameda (Not that we like to waste anything, it just means, we keep the most compostable goods out of the landfills)
- 100% of our power is derived from renewable resources
- Our restrooms conserve on average 400 gallons of water a day compared to comparable bathrooms using conventional plumbing
- For the past 12+ years we have recycled all of our packing peanuts. By weight, it totals the equivalent of a fully-grown elephant.
As this site grows, we’ll use this space to offer more about what we do, but also more about what you can do too.